Sunday, September 11, 2011

Thinking of You

I'm thinking about you like the stars think of the moon, like the moon thinks of the sun. Like the sun thinks of the day to come.
I'm thinking about you like druggies think about getting high. Like planes think about getting high.
I'm thinking about you like a heart thinks about healing. Like a boy thinks about cheating and all the other possibilities.
I'm thinking about you like grass thinks about growing and strippers think about showing, like kids think about knowing.
I'm thinking about you like Alice thinks.
She thinks too much.
Like cowboys think about riding, and kids think about hiding.
I'm thinking about you summer thinks about fall. Like kids think about the fall because they're dreading going back to school.
I'm thinking about you like the terrorists thought about making the twin towers fell. Like so many hearts that day thought of their loved ones. Thinking, hoping praying they'd be safe. I'm thinking about you on this day like so many others, thinking about their loved ones that they've lost. I'm thinking about you and all the other heroes across this great nation. God Bless.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSvwgqwdYYU

2 comments: