Sunday, September 18, 2011

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

I walk alone, I walk alone.
I don't even know how I got here, or what I'm doing here.


To my right i see a plane that has just crashed, it's burning, and two survivors are running and calling out for help. 
But i walk alone. I walk alone.


To the left i see an old run down hospital but there are two ambulances outside loading an elderly couple into them. 
I walk alone, I walk alone.


I turn around behind me because I hear a car screech. A helpless lab has just been hit and is panting for breath. I turn to go run and help, but something turns me back around. 
Yet I continue to walk, alone. I walk alone. 


As I continue to walk I see a piano that has never been played, and pointe shoes that have never been danced in. I see a Arizona State acceptance letter, and as I reach to grab it, it bursts into flames. 
I walk in shame. 
I walk alone. 


I look  up and see something glistening in the sun, a ring. I slip it on my left finger. 
I continue to walk alone.
I see white fabric flowing in the wind. I pick it up and put it on my head.  I see a bouquet of flowers. And as I pick them up I turn and walk onto the Boulevard of Dreams. 


I'm no longer alone.

5 comments:

  1. Very different. I love the end the most. "I'm no longer alone." Way to keep it positive!
    Thanks for a great piece.
    ~Pond

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like when the last line "then I turn and walk onto the Boulevard of Dreams" its like a sweet little twist. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like how you turned it around to be positive! nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your writing is great. Nice imagery :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for having other people in your post. too few of us write about how all the houses and buildings and what not, are empty.
    thanks for writing a wicked original post.

    ReplyDelete